China National Scholarship
The central government of China established and funded the China National Scholarship to inspire ordinary undergraduates to study hard and develop morally, intellectually, and physically.
Outstanding full-time undergraduates except freshmen
1. Applicants should love their country and support the leadership of the Chinese Communist Party;
2. Applicants should comply with the CPC's Constitution and the law and abide by the rules and regulations of the university;
3. Applicants should be honest and trustworthy, unite with other students, show respect for teachers and be in good health. They should score more than 18 points in the ideological and moral quality part of the comprehensive evaluation;
4. The requirements for applicants' academic records:
(1) Applicants should love their major and get excellent grades with comprehensive quality evaluation scores of over 90 points, with weighted course averages of 85 points or more. Their academic performance ranking and comprehensive quality evaluation results should be ranked in the top 10 percent of students of their grade and major;
(2) If applicants don't meet the first requirement but perform particularly well in academic research, subject competitions, innovation and invention, social practice, social work, sports competitions, art competitions and other aspects, the academic requirements of academic performance ranking and comprehensive quality evaluation score ranking can be lowered to the top 30 percent of students of their grade and major;
5. Students who have one of the following conditions are not eligible.
(1) Students subject to criticism or punishments for violating school rules and regulations;
(2) Students who fail a required or elective course;
(3) Students who for no acceptable reason do not pay fees for tuition and accommodation;
(4) Students whose academic performance ranking and comprehensive quality evaluation results are lower than the top 30 percent of students of their grade and major.
Applications must be submitted in accordance with the times set by the departments of Education and Finance of Yunnan province.
Each student may be awarded with 8,000 yuan ($1,204).
The quota for the National Scholarship is based on the standard issued by the Department of Education of Yunnan province. The university will distribute quotas to each school based on the number of students and the number of students with financial difficulties.
1. Applicants fill in an application form for the National Scholarship and hand in related materials;
2. Class counselors make recommendations with total honesty;
3. Schools submit selected application forms to the Students' Affairs Office after initial review and notice;
4. The Students' Affairs Office submits the selected applications to the judging panel office after the audit;
5. The list of successful applicants will be submitted to the Department of Education of Yunnan Province after being publicized in the university for more than five working days without objections.