Scholarships funded by Yunnan University
The scholarships are provided by Yunnan University to encourage the students to work hard and develop themselves in an all-round way.
Full-time undergraduates who have studied in the university for more than one year
1. The candidate should firmly establish correct political orientation, adhere to the Party's guidelines, principles and policies, and have the right worldview and outlook on life and values.
2. The candidate should abide by the laws and regulations of the state, comply with school rules and regulations and abide by social morality without violating laws and regulations.
3. The candidate should respect the teachers, abide by students’ behavior norms and develop good morality and behavior habits.
4. The candidate should love his/her major and work hard and perform well in studies. The score on ideological and moral qualities should be no less than 16 in comprehensive evaluation.
5. The candidate should be honest and trustworthy and pay tuition and other fees on time.
6. The candidate should abide by teaching discipline and have no truancy.
7. The candidate should be active in physical exercises and cultural and sports events with good mental and physical health.
The first ten-days of every September
1. Scholarship for excellent students
It will be granted to the students who are excellent in all aspects. The winners will also receive the honorary title of “Excellent Student of Yunnan University”.
(1) Special scholarship. Each school can recommend one candidate from the first-prize scholarship candidates, and the total candidates for the scholarship should be no more than five. Each winner will receive 6,000 yuan. They should be excellent in virtue and study, have high prestige and play an exemplary role among their schoolmates. They will be granted the honorary title of “Excellent Student Model of Yunnan University” and given priorities to compete for provincial and national honorary titles.
(2) First-class scholarship. 3,000 yuan per person. The final candidates will account for no more than three percent of the total candidates of the school, and the quota for state-funded talent training program and experimental class of comprehensive quality education should be no more than four percent. The comprehensive evaluation score should be no less than 90.
(3) Second-class scholarship. 1,500 yuan per person. The final candidates will account for no more than five percent of the total candidates from the school, and the quota for state-funded talent training programs and experimental classes of comprehensive quality education is no more than seven percent. The comprehensive evaluation score should be no less than 85.
(4) Third-class scholarship. 1,000 yuan per person. The final candidates will account for no more than 10 percent of the total candidates, and the quota for state-funded talent training programs and experimental classes of comprehensive quality education should be no more than 15 percent. The comprehensive evaluation score should be no less than 80.
2. Scholarship for excellent student leaders
The scholarship will be granted to those student leaders who have excellent virtues, outstanding academic achievements and have worked as a good leader for more than one year.
The student leaders refer to the leaders in Party organizations and the Communist Youth League or class committee. Those Youth League Committee and student union members elected or appointed by the university or school will be granted the honorary title of “Excellent Student Leader of Yunnan University”. The number of final candidates will account for no more than 20 percent of the total candidates in the school.
Each winner will receive 1,000 yuan. The number of winners will account for more than 8 percent of the candidates. Their comprehensive evaluation scores should be no less than 75.
3. Academic improvement scholarship
Each winner will receive 500 yuan. It will be granted to those students whose weighted average of the courses of this year is significantly higher than that of the last academic year (rise more than 10 points).
4. The awards for innovation, cultural and sports achievements, and good morals will be evaluated and reviewed by the Communist Youth League of the university.
5. Special awards will be given to students with outstanding performances.
It depends on the candidates from each school.
1. The procedures should be fair, just and open. It should adhere to the principle of “putting quality before quantity”.
2. After releasing the details for evaluation and review, each class makes preliminary assessment according to the comprehensive evaluation scores of last academic year and quota; the preliminary result should be informed to all students. The list of final candidates will be put up after being reviewed by the school jury. If there are no objections to the result at the expiration of the period for public notice, the winners will be reported to the Department of Students’ Affairs the school in the first ten-day period of October.
3. The result will be submitted to the authorities of the university for approval after being reviewed by the Department of Students’ Affairs.
4. If there is no objection to the result, the winners will come out after the list being publicized in the university.